Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Why didn’t my Realtor tell me this house was haunted before bought it??????????????



As realtors, due to laws we adhere to such Federal housing Laws which prohibits saying which are good or bad neighborhoods,  and other rules which prevent us for commenting on crimes or haunting in the home, or good or bad schools.

For instance if it said that house is haunted or there has been a crime or suicide we can not mention it. The reason we are not able to say even if we know such facts are true is because none of those factors have any bearing on the soundness  of  the structure and or value of the house in question.  Of course it is still a concern to buyers understandably. Here is my advice if you are purchasing a home. There is this new thing called Google, have you heard of it and its amazing for finding out all sorts of things?!  Put the address of the home you are considering of purchasing, and scroll past the many web sites that will show it listed, and see anything of haunting or crimes committed there. If the search is inundated by for sale results, you can ask Google a question like is  333 Hubbabuba drive , bannaville  NY haunted or crime committed.

If this does not yield any results and you are still concerned about paranormal activity you can contact local historical societies and depending on the age of the home they may have some accounts. For crimes committed in a home or crime rate, contact the local police station and get the a crime profile of that desired neighborhood.
 
In the NY area there are many old homes dating back to the revolution if not even older back to the Dutch who originally colonized the area. It is a forgone conclusion that in these older homes that some one may have passed away in the home as it was common in that time given hospitals and medical care that we are accustomed to did not exist. There are also stories, and rumors of buildings being haunted.  As realtors as I mentioned, we can not comment on any of this as it does not take away from the soundness of the house.

So you may ask, so bill have you ever experienced any supernatural occurrences and do you believe in ghost and spirits? Well the answer is yes to both questions. I can not say how many of my fellow realtors and I have shared stories of strange feelings of energy or strange goings ons that were unexplained. I had 3 such experiences.

First I was previewing a home for clients. I had found out that the agents parent had died and the house was an estate. I did not ask or want to know if they had passed in the home. So I went in to look at the home to see if it would work for my clients. I looked through the main level, bedrooms, baths  and kitchen. Then I went downstairs to check the full basement for water or anything else. As I was walking through I heard a door slam and became startled. I was concerned because the house was vacant and feared not of ghosts but a squatter, or thief, or some one who may be up to no good. I clutched my large mag light flashlight, gripping it like a club, I said hello is anyone here, hello, I am a realtor… I went through the entire basement cautiously opened every door and found nothing. In the rooms where there were windows they were shut so no draft slammed the mystery door, and could find no sign of anyone in the dwelling.   I got out there quickly and never went back. 
In showing another home with a client we both felt something bad in the house. There was a feeling a negative energy and we both felt it. I did not mention it until my client brought it up. Years later,  I found out other friends had showed it and got the same thing and they had found out there was a murder succeed in the house. I had not known of that at the time.

The third time I actually saw the face of a little boy in a house. Again I was previewing it. I have to stop doing this !   that time I had a peaceful feeling when I saw this floating boys head for some reason. 

\

 below is a useful felony map, and school stats  :

Felony search in your area:

School reports:

No comments:

Post a Comment